Saturday, November 26, 2011

Family + Food + Basketball = One Amazing Thanksgiving!!

I just love Thanksgiving! After sleeping in, I got up and watched some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The rest of the morning was spent lounging around and getting ready for the day. At about 1:30, my family and I grabbed the food we had made, and headed next door to my aunt and uncle's house. After saying hi to all of my cousins, uncles, aunts, and grandma, I picked a spot on the couch and we watched some basketball and then football. Once the food was all ready, we blessed the food and then dug in. There was turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, fruits, vegetables, casseroles, and jello! I filled my plate up, forgetting that there was still another counter full with different food. Although I was quite full before my first plate was finished, I somehow was able to go back to the second counter and get some more. The rest of the day was spent playing games with my little cousins, watching football, visiting with everyone, and snacking every time I walked by the kitchen. We sang Happy Birthday to my cousin Alannah, and then brought out all of the pies for dessert. I had a piece of chocolate pie. After a while, I said goodbye to everyone and headed home. I did a little bit of coloring with my mom, and then my siblings (Alisha, Trevor, and Torey) and I went down to the High School Gym and played basketball. Our cousins (Brandon, Preston, and Dalton) met us down there. We scrimmaged and played shooting games. We all love basketball and it was a ton of fun to play with all of them again! After spending an hour and a half at the gym, we came back to our house and spent the rest of the night playing Just Dance 2 on the Wii! I am so thankful for all of my family and all that they do for me! They are all wonderful examples to me and the support they show my in everything that I do means the world to me! The only way this day could have been better was if my two oldest sisters had been able to spend it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment