Monday, December 5, 2011

The Perfect Sunday!

Yesterday was just an amazing Sunday! I got up early so that my roommate could curl my hair, and then I headed to the church at about 9:30. Our ward's sacrament doesn't start until 10:00, but since I had to play the organ in sacrament, I went early so that I could practice the hymns and provide some prelude music. Today was fast and testimony meeting and the Spirit was very strong! Almost all of the men in our ward are return missionaries, so usually one by one they go up and hardly any girls get up. Well today was different. After two boys had gone, there was a brief pause so I took advantage of it and went up and bore my testimony. To my surprise, other girls began to get up and it was more balanced. I attended the Missionary Prep class and then Relief Society and the lessons were both very spiritual.

At 4:00 I had to return to the church for choir practice because I am the pianist. We practiced "What Child is This?" with a beautiful accompaniment. And then we all headed to the gym for break the fast. Then to top the day off, we went back to our apartment where we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. As the true meaning of Christmas was told to us over and over, I made a commitment to myself that I would keep Christ in my heart this Christmas season, as well as throughout the whole year! As the movie they had us watch presented the story of Christ's birth, I was filled with joy and was humbled at the way that Christ, our Savior, entered this world in a stable. I am so thankful for the Christmas Season, but most of all I am thankful for my Savior who entered this world as a tiny babe: just like you and I. I am so thankful for the miracles that he performed and the example that he set for us. I know that he suffered for our pains and afflictions in the Garden of Gethsemane and that he died on the cross for each and everyone of us. I love my Savior and everything that he has done for me. He is someone that I can always count on; he is my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment