Friday, December 2, 2011

From best friends in 2nd grade to college roomies :)

     Once upon a time in Cody, Wyoming, a new family moved into a house by mine during the summer. My siblings and I, and one of my little brother's friends, decided to go over to their red house and introduce ourselves. There was a girl, named Steffany, who was going to be in the 2nd grade, just like me! Although we didn't have the same teacher in 2nd grade, we still became friends and ended up with the same teacher in 3rd and 4th grade! During the summers we would have lemonade stands and other random adventures. During the school year, we would have tetherball tournaments at recess and both compete to be the smartest kid in class. We were best friends and were always hanging out together coming up with many fun, but random, games. Even though she moved away after 4th grade, we still kept in contact and visited each other during the summers.
     Little did we know, that several years later we would be rooming together in Provo, Utah and that we would both be attending Brigham Young University. At first I was a little worried because we hadn't spent more than a few days together since 4th grade! That was a long time ago, and we both had changed a lot! Those worries soon faded as we almost immediately picked up right where we left off.
     Sometimes we like to do weird things! We like to run really funny with really high knees and then jump into walls. We also like to stay up really late because we are both professional procrastinators and Facebook stalkers. :) We also like to reminisce back to the good old elementary days! Looking back now, I am so thankful that we stayed in touch and that we decided to room together. She is a great friend and is always there for me! Not a day goes by that she doesn't make me laugh! Another thing that we like to do is get hot chocolate from Maverik at midnight and Krispy Kreme Donuts at 2 am. We have created many memories together this semester, and I am looking forward to next semester when we will have two classes together! I just love my roommate and best friend. Her name is Steffany Beddes.

No comments:

Post a Comment