Monday, December 5, 2011

"Life Ain't Always Beautiful, But It's a Beautiful Ride"-- Blog Review

Although I have looked at other people's blogs sometimes, I never really considered getting one of my own. When the assignment was given, I was actually excited though! Throughout the semester I would get brilliant ideas  on what to blog about, but then by the time I got the chance to write it, I had already forgotten.

As I reflect on all of the things I have blogged about as a part of this assignment, I realized that I seemed to blog about a lot of events that have happened to me recently, or events that I have been thinking a lot about lately. Since we read the talk called "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet" given by M. Russell Ballard, I tried to add spiritual insights in each blog post. When I wrote my posts, I imagined my audience being other adolescents who need the faith and assurance that they can keep going even through times that seem unbearable. A country song always seemed to come to my mind and the chorus says, "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride." These lyrics seem to fit my life perfectly, and I am sure they can apply to almost everyone.

My testimony has definitely been strengthened during my first year of college at Brigham Young University. Even through trials and tribulations (a few of which I have blogged about), my faith and reliance in Christ,as well as in my family, was able to help me through these hard times. It's amazing how you can seen the hand of the Lord in everything that you do, if you take the time to recognize it. As I reread my blog posts, I was able to  be reassured of this concept and I also truly realized that everything happens for a reason. This blog will be very interesting for me to read in several years and to compare my testimony and insights. I hope to continue posting different blogs, and sharing my testimony as often as I can. The more I share my thoughts and beliefs, the stronger it seems to make them. I really enjoyed this assignment!

No comments:

Post a Comment